Pet Shipping to South Africa
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOGS TO SOUTH AFRICA
1) EXPORT PERMIT FROM DEFRA WHICH WILL BE SENT TO YOUR VET 10 DAYS PRIOR TO EXPORT.
2) IMPORT PERMIT FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ANIMAL HEALTH PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA. TEL: 0027 1231 97514 (THERE MAY BE A CHARGE).
3) DOGS MUST BE MICROCHIPPED AND RABIES VACCINATED. IF THE DOG HAS NOT BEEN VACCINATED AGAINST RABIES THEN HE/SHE WILL BE VACCINATED ON ARRIVAL IN SOUTH AFRICA.
4) IF THE DOG HAS BEEN IN UNITED KINGDOM SINCE BIRTH HE/SHE MUST BE TESTED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
5) DOGS MUST BE TESTED FOR THE FOLLOWING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF EXPORT. TESTS NEED TO BE TAKEN BY AN LVI VET (LOCAL VETERINARY INSPECTOR) - MOST VET PRACTICES HAVE AT LEAST ONE- AND THE BLOOD MUST BE SENT TO VLA LABORATORIES FOR THE TESTS:
• BRUCELLA CANIS
• BABESIA GIBSONI
• DIROFILARIA IMMITIS
DOGS MUST ALSO BE TREATED FOR DIROFILARIA FROM THE TIME OF NEGATIVE TESTING (THE TIME THE BLOOD WAS TAKEN) AND FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER ARRIVAL IN SOUTH AFRICA. (THIS TREATMENT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN FROM THE UK).
IF THE DOG HAS NOT BEEN IN THE UK SINCE BIRTH HE/SHE MUST ALSO BE TESTED FOR THE FOLLOWING (ALSO WITHIN 30 DAYS OF EXPORT)
• TRYPANOSOMA EVANSI
6) FINAL VET CHECKS WITHIN 10 DAYS OF EXPORT – TREAT FOR INTERNAL & EXTERNAL PARASITES AND COMPLETE THE EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE.
7) DELIVER THE DOG ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE WITH ORIGINAL IMPORT & EXPORT PERMITS, COPIES OF VACCINATIONS & COPIES OF BLOOD TEST RESULTS.
Christmas & New Year 2014/2015 OPENING HOURS
Please note the following restricted hours of operation over the Christmas and New Year Period:-
APHA (DEFRA) will be closed from 12:00hrs 24th to 26th December 2014 inclusive as well as 1st January 2015 and many airlines will run a restricted pet and livestock shipping service over the festive period.
Our office will close at 13:00hrs on 24th December 2014 but we will be on call for real problems / emergencies from this time until 27th December 2014 when a normal weekend service will be in operation. We will also be only available on call on 1st January 2015.
During these on call periods normal Bank Holiday out-of-hours charges will apply. All pets arriving during APHA?s closed period must come with the appropriate paperwork for the HARC to check or there could be considerable delays and additional costs incurred.
Cooper came in from Zurich with the help of our friends at ACE Pet Moving - love you guys!
Win a month's food for your pet!
Send us in a winter photo of your pet and the best photo will win a month's food for the star of the photo. Please please please no pets dressed as elfs or santa, just pics of them in a winter scene would be lovely. The stars will feature in the JCS Calendar for 2016, so please get snapping and get them to us by the New Year.
Ts&Cs- All entries must be in by 31st Jan 2015, JCS's Livestock Manager will select the best photo and the month's food will be paid upon presentation of the receipt for a typical month's food for one pet. No professional photographers please :-)
Let the snapping begin!
Penny and Nelson flew to Australia to see our friends at Jetpets :-)
JCS Livestock Policy Statement
JCS Livestock Policy Statement
Download Word Viewer
Word Viewer is a free download, you will only require it if you do not already have Microsoft Word installed.