Pet Shipping to Brazil
REQUIREMENTS FOR CATS AND DOGS TO BRAZIL
1) You will need to obtain an export permit from DEFRA which will be sent to your vet 10 days prior to export. You will need to use an LVI vet (local veterinary inspector) most vet practices have at least one.
2) You will need to apply for an import permit from the Department of Exports & Imports of the Central Bank Of Brazil, Rio Do Janerio. If the pet is traveling as excess baggage then they don’t require an import permit.
3) Pets travelling for non-commercial purposes can land at any international airport but if they are entering for a commercial purpose then they can only be landed Sao Paulo, Recife, Porto Alegre, Belem and Campinas.
4) Cats and dogs don’t need to be microchipped but we recommend it for all pet travel
5) Pets need to be vaccinated against rabies no less than 30 days but no more than 12 months prior to departure. A rabies vaccination certificate exa25 must be completed by the vet that administered the vaccine.
6) Your pet will need to be examined by your vet no more than 72 hours prior to export when the vet will fill in the export certificate.
7) You will need to notify the port inspection station in Brazil at least 24 hours prior to the pet’s arrival.
8) Once the export health certificate is completed it will need to be legalised (along with the rabies certificate) at the following…
BRAZILIAN CONSULATE GENERAL,
6 ST. ALBANS STREET,
TEL: 0207 930 9055
*** We can help with all of these stages, so please give us a ring or send us an email and one of our advisors can help to arrange the transport of your pet with you ***